The Prestige Line
At Olivier Gerardi, the shoes from our Prestige Line represent our highest standard of quality and excellence. This standard comes from the special technique of construction that we use with these shoes (explained below), and from the entire realization by hand of the many complex steps that this technique requires by the best craftsmen of Italy. In this way, we can make sure that the Prestige shoes feature the highest durability, the best comfort and the most perfect level of finish.
Because we are so confident in this quality and because we want you to believe in it too, we offer on all our Prestige shoes a 2 years guarantee. To learn more about what this unique guarantee includes, please visit this page.
Triple Leather Construction
We call the special technique that we use to make our Prestige shoes so sturdy and durable triple leather. As its name suggests, this type of construction uses three different leather soles sewn together with the Goodyear technique, instead of the usual two soles. This extra layer not only improves the sturdiness of the shoe but it also allows for a complete sole replacement when needed (see Restoration Service below), increasing this way the lifetime of the shoe.
Our triple leather shoes are built as follow:
1. The upper (top part of the shoe) receives a leather insole within, and are both sewn together to a first Goodyear welt. The gap between the insole and the welt is filled with cork, which makes the shoe fully waterproof and protects its wearer from the cold and humidity.
2. A second leather sole is placed on the previous welt and the its cork filling and is sewn throughout the whole, ensuring this way a homogeneous and very high quality result.
3. A third leather sole is finally added and sewn to the previous soles, before receiving the heel. It is this last sole that is replaced in our restoration service.
During the 2 years guarantee period of our Prestige shoes, their owner will be able to return them to us once and enjoy a full restoration service.
This service includes:
- The full replacement of the outer sole, including its Vibram© rubber pad and its Olivier Gerardi brass plaque.
- The replacement of the heels' rubber pads.
- The replacement of the shoe counters.
- The replacement of the shoes' lining.
- Cleaning and restoration of the leather’s color for a result identical to the original coloration of the shoes.